Saturday, November 7, 2015

Roberto Hernandez ROMLB Return

Roberto Hernandez has always been a great signed through the mail.  Earlier in the year, I purchased a couple of balls with the hopes of getting them signed at some of the White Sox games I went to.  Although I wasn't successful at the games, I hoped to get them signed by players who achieved milestones while in a White Sox uniform (All-Star, Rookie of the Year, Cy Young...).  I sent 3 off in October.  This is the first to come back.

Roberto was a great closer for the Sox after taking over from Bobby Thigpen.  He was part of the infamous White Flag Trade of 1997.  He continued pitching until 2007 and was a very successful member of the bullpen throughout his years in Baseball. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hernaro01.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment