Sunday, January 31, 2016

Soxfest day 3-short but efficient.

As we live three hours away from Chicago and we were going to have lunch with my family for my moms birthday, we were going to hit up the 9:00 signing and call it a weekend.

Originally, I wasn't going to get up early but at 5:00, I decided to get up and go down to get a spot with the faint hope that I would be able to get Chris Sale.  As he was only signing 100 today, as I walked down, I knew that wasn't going to happen.  As I waited, I was debating between Melky, Avisail or Paciorek/Squires.  I decided to go with one of the current players and went with Avi.  I asked the lady what number we were and she said mid 40s so I thought there was a good chance to get someone else as well before we had to leave.  

Avi signed our two multi signed items as well as a 2014 topps archives and Allen & Gunter card. 

Afterwards, I saw there was a short line for Erik Johnson and Alex Avila but since I got both of them yesterday, I decided to get Squires who I didn't get yesterday and Paciorek. We flew through that line.  Paciorek signed 4 team photos from 83-86 and handed them straight to squires who signed the three from his years with the six as well as two cards and our multi signed items.  

As the rest of the lines were full, we got ready to leave. 

By final tally, we got 26 players and 79 autographs.  I am now really excited for the season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment